Friday, October 07, 2005

Far Niente

My friend Cindy used to live a few blocks away from this Italian restaurant along Brand Avenue in Glendale. I wonder why we never tried it, so close yet so-so. That's why.

Maybe its that unattractive sign they have outside, or its too small look, but as you enter and decide to either go to the left or ride (there is a wall in the middle making me think it was two leased spaces before), it is spacious, relaxing and has a friendly modern atmosphere.

The CEO, VP, President, GMs and the participants to the MDM training were all seated when I sat myself right in the middle of Paul, an older guy from Madison, WI and Vilhelm, our Plant Manager. The waitress immediately handed me the menu, as she continued her rounds of taking the orders from the rest. I settled for the king alaskan salmon with spinach and pears, starting with house salad for starters.

The big bosses were all making their speeches as I took bits off the bread, which was so-so, while everyone around me were having 3 or 4 glasses of wine. The salad and dressing was delicious, but I left a few untouched greens on my plate. One guy tried to run away with not sharing his shrimp, but my GM pointed me to him, so I had a piece of succulent shrimp in sauce. When our entrees came, everyone digged in and I can hear praises about their dishes. As I dugged into mine, I felt like it went straight through my tummy. Nothing spectacular, though nothing wrong with it too. The pears gave it a different taste, and thats all I can remember.

Is it me? Or is it because its dinner amongst your bosses that made this nice restaurant boring.
At least its free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home