Friday, October 07, 2005

Gladstones 4 Fish



John would remember their branch along PCH, mentioning never to order cream of anything in this seafood restaurant. A tourist flytrap, offering mountains of fried seafood, lobsters, pasta, steak and normal fun food fare, one local participant suggested to have dinner here on the second day of our MDM training. It sounded better than dining at another local Glendale restaurant, especially for those who flew in from their respective offices, but I wished I suggested some place else.

In fairness, this is a fun place to hang out and drink up. Munching on peanuts, its shells you can throw at the floor, interesting decor that made you think you are eating inside a ship (at least the general mess area), cute waiters and large servings.

I started with Newcastle Brown Ale, whom I sipped from Ken a few weeks ago, but after more than a sip was too bitter for me I asked for water immediately. Wished I asked for Ketel One like Marco next to me. The appetizers were good, fried calamari, scallops, crab cakes, popcorn shrimp, fried clams and fish. Every one should just stop here and enjoy, but noooo, we have to order entrees. So I decided on the all time favorite, surf n turf. Who would get wrong with a piece of new york steak and grilled shrimps? G4F will. The steak is well done, even if the stick said medium well, and the shrimp were a bit slippery for me. This $21.00 plate seems like a steal, especially at a chain restaurant located at Universal Citywalk, but trust me when I say, stick with the appetizers and you'll have money left for dessert at one of the stores nearby.

I wouldn't leave you hanging. John saw a male cook and waiter "creaming" themselves at the restroom. Wish I saw that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home