Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Early World Cafe

Pretty called last week to schedule our brunch date with Ashley at the "Earth" World Cafe along San Vicente, between Bundy and Barrington. I lived in Brentwood when I was studying at UCLA, but don't remember this restaurant.
So driving along one of my favorite streets in LA, it starts on my previous street address on Federal Ave and this joggers path ends at the beach on PCH, I called her and asked where they were. Made a U-turn, and parked in front of them at the Early World Cafe, the sign was blocked be a huge tree, that's why I don't recall this place. Ashley introduced her fiancee Brian, a native of Wisconsin, and I immediately liked him. Easy to talk too, all smiles, and just a regular guy. Wishing them the best.
As we waited for Matt, Pretty's beau, I glanced at the uninteresting Greek cafe with the signage that looked German to me. Well, most breakfast places are boring to the eyes anyways, but I was expecting more, especially from one at cool and expensive Brentwood. The four page menu offered regular cafe food, so I ordered gyros (pronounced as heros), made of Pita bread stuffed with beef and lamb processed meat, tomatoes, cucumbers and yogurt (no onions for me). Matt had the same, the newly engaged couple ordered burgers, and Pretty had egg white omelet.
Our serving was huge, freshly fried fries falling off my plate a few, the gyro was half the size of the big heavy plate I had to half it and took the other for dinner. For $13.00 and coffee, Early World Cafe is a nice, unpretentious place with good food to boot. I didn't ask the rest how they got their plates emptied. I was happy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just browsing and found your blog. Very Nice! I
have a wine cellar rack site. You can find everything about wine cellar rack as well as how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!
Rod

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home